My anonymous hatred blog reader who pops up at my blog from time to time in order to drop a comment here or there that has nothing to do with the current post at hand seems very entertained by Ammon’s article on Homosexual’s claimed failed summit in Jordan where he couldn’t hold himself from posting the link to that article by a “HA HA HA – Try again” comment! As if I am the person preparing for that claimed summit – which is a big lie itself invented by the minds of the so called Jordan Fact and Islamouna Online.
While I am entertaining my anonymous blog fan by starting this post speaking of him (I didn’t mention that he also sent me a you tube video saying that Jesus was gay!), I am more concern with the professionalism of Ammon’s site and the ignorance of that article along with people’s reaction from their comments below it.
(KJ – No I am not calling for censorship)
I just like to highlight the mistakes Jordan Fact committed in that article:
1. Can they provide any proof about the claimed gay summit that was intended to be held at the election day in Jordan? Yes, there seem to be planned to issue an electronic gay magazine by a bunch of young men, but it never reached to the level of having a gay summit! And why would gay people in Jordan wait till the election day in order to hold their summit? Isn’t that a stupid claim to rationalize that of having government officials busy in the elections? or It is an IAF stunt to link the whole fabricated issue to the elections in order to paint themselves of being the party defending morals in Jordan in order to gain more votes.
2. At first I was appalled by the medical testimony they provided in order to give a legitimate claim to their case especially the opinion of the Dr. Abed AL Hameed Al Qodat, but then I assumed that they most probably lied about it the same way they lied about what Batir Wardam said in a cynical comment about their post.
They took it out of contest and re-publish it in a way that has nothing to do with what Batir wanted to say. He had to comment again and clear his stand.
The testimony they provide from medical doctors and physiological counselors is very disturbing, not just because it shows their backward scientific knowledge but also because it shows a big ignorance of the difference between a sexual orientation and a sexual identity where they don’t even differentiate between a homosexual and a transgender.
3. They claim that homosexuality is a new phenomenon to our conservative society where in fact there is a lot of classical Arabic literature that contains testimony of homosexuality in the Arab world. I recommend a book named “Unspeakable Love” by Brian Whitaker for my blog readers in order to get a better insight about Gays and Lesbians life in the middles east. I haven’t finished the book yet, but I am telling you, it is very insightful and a real eye opener.
4. It is funny how when we realized a moral shortage in a specific virtue in a person, we tend to group all of other possible immoral acts and associate it with the person.
From the commentators of that article, people seem to associate Homosexuality with drug addiction and Satanism! That is completely absurd. They build their judgment on the assumption that Homosexuals are morally corrupted people, ignoring the fact that there are a lot of Muslim homosexuals that try to find a common ground between their religion and sexuality.
5. It is also funny as well of how people try to rationalize the cause of homosexuality without pushing themselves to search for a legitimate source of information. Some of them blame it on the west, others play the conspiracy theory card of being an Israeli plan to corrupt our youth, others claim that it is richness; others say it is the segregation between sexes at school. Some believe it is cause by children getting sexually abused and others blame the missing role of a strong father figure.
They all failed to check out the scientific stand of the issue where there is no clear answer of the cause of homosexuality yet although there are some indications of a genetic linkage.
6. We are the masters of solutions! Even though The American Psychology Association (APA) says firmly that Sexual re-orientation is impossible, our so claimed Drs and commentators at the article claim that gay Jordanian men should be provided with a physiological treatment in order to change their behavior. They point out “Repetitive Behavior” treatment as a solution where the APS stands firmly against it because it results in a serious other physiological problems to the patient at hand without helping changing his sexual orientation.
I totally understand the Islam stand against homosexuality and while some people might mis-interpret religious versus, people have every right to not accept certain behavior based on their religious views, but what I can’t tolerate is trying to reason their belief with lies that has nothing to do with reality.